Hello there. Tim here.
Hey. You're doing great. Keep your head up. Keep going. Trust the process. I believe in you.
Digital Commerce Partners is the content marketing and SEO agency from me, Brian Clark, and Jon Nastor.
Ready to level up? Click here to see if we are a good fit.
1. Here’s How I Automated My Entire Agency with Employees All Over the World
How do you make life changing money?
You may think the answer is about doing creative work, getting your name out there, and growing your popularity. We all want to be Instafamous and praised.
But the reality is far from that. Your success in business is determined by the boring, tedious, and detail oriented processes that make your business run efficiently.
In this week's article, I document the systems and automations that have worked for me. Your business may look totally different than mine, but I hope you take the underlying principles and apply them.
2. Fu*k College: Here's How to (Really) Learn How to Write
On this week’s episode, Ethan Brooks (@damn_ethan) and I dig into one of my recent viral Twitter posts to unpack a 5-part accelerated learning framework you can use to become a better writer (or take on other skills).
It was a really fun episode. We've already got some great feedback.
Click here to listen on iTunes and click here to listen on Spotify.
3. A Tragic Story that Highlights the Dangers of Crypto
I can relate to the feeling Uncle is talking about. When I made my first $10,000 flipping NFTs, I felt an obsessive rush. The night I bought the Mutant Ape (you know, the one that I lost and cost myself $80,000), I did so at 2:30 in the morning. The FOMO I was feeling wouldn't let me sleep and like a fiend, I obsessively snuck out of bed and bought the NFT to fulfil some strange obsessive fix that the NFT / crypto gold rush was creating inside of me.
Uncle isn't the only one who has gone completely bankrupt over the last few years, but he is one of the only ones talking about it.
I appreciated the humility and it's such a sad story.
4. What Does Distribution Really Mean? (Bootstrapper Members Only)
We’ve talked about why attention is an asset. But distribution is how you capture and own that asset.
Here’s what I mean…
5. I've Recently Discovered Annie Miller, and I Love Her Business
My wife is about halfway through her journey of becoming a nutritionist. Since she's great as basically everything she does, she is already starting to think about how she wants to get clients, build her business, and generate a following.
As such, she was telling me about some of her ideas and mentioned Annie Miller.
I checked out Annie's website and I love what she is doing. I especially love the power hour product she has put together. I'm probably going to steal her idea.
6. On Reedit, Someone Asked ... "If you came from absolutely nothing, were you ever envious of the ultra wealthy peers born with a silver spoon?" Below is the best reply.
h/t @samparr for sharing
7. How to Write Headlines that Work
Learning how to write headlines is critical. Your headline is the first, and perhaps only, impression you make on a prospective reader.
Without a headline or post title that turns a browser into a reader, the rest of your words may as well not even exist. But a headline can do more than simply grab attention.
A great headline can also communicate a full message to its intended audience, and it absolutely must lure the reader into your persuasive writing.
This epic guide to headline writing will show you the way …
8. Let's Build Stuff in America
Now that the All In Summit is over, I can stop resharing all the videos. I thoroughly enjoyed the presentations and I think this last week's video is the most important one.
When did we decide that we weren't going to build things in America anymore?
We are the most innovative country in history. The micro chip factory is coming online in Columbus, but we need to do more. I think we will do more!
I enjoyed this interview with Antonio Gracias.
9. Scientists Claim to Have Reversed Aging in Mice
This is exactly why I am still so excited about Stem Cell Authority. Stem cells are the future. This business is going to explode over the next ten years. (Not investment advice).
Read this short article. It's incredible.
10. Final Thought - "My Personal Brand is Growing"
3 months ago, I decided to go all in on building my following. Now that Copyblogger is in good hands, I have time to work on my personal projects. I’ve dedicated myself to growing my Twitter and LinkedIn followings.
Holy smokes! It’s working!
- In the last month, I’ve gotten 2000+ LinkedIn followers.
- I’ve gotten 3000+ Twitter followers.
- I’ve gone viral 4 or 5 times.
- My email list has been skyrocketing.
Here are some interesting examples.
1. A recent LinkedIn post
2. A viral Twitter thread last week.
You don’t need to pay a university $50,000+ to learn how to write. Here are 7 resources that’ll do it for free:
June 2nd 2022
3. A snapshot of the last 3 months of new email subscribers. (Can you tell when I started taking things seriously?)
4. Last but not least, here is a quick snap of my last two newsletters, with a very high open rate, click through rate, and low unsubscribe rate!
This is the metric that means the most to me, because it tells me that people genuinely enjoy my Friday newsletter.
I’m really excited. I’ve always wanted to create a brand around my own ideas, thoughts, writing, and content. Now I’m finally doing it.
My goals are …
- 20,000 Twitter followers by the end of the year
- 10,000 LinkedIn followers by the end of the year
- 8,000 email subscribers by the end of the year
Keep in mind, all of this feeds into my private membership program called The Bootstrapper. If I do it right, I think I can be at $10,000 a month in revenue by the end of the year as well.
Love you guys,
Talk to you next week.